Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mugshot: Candy.

photo (95)
An original writer, an original human, if ever there were. And one with a spirit as curious and sweet as George's. Candy rides the LA River 2 hours EVERY DAY on her decorated bicycle named Earl. She has an infectious belly laugh and a monkey backpack (so she can put it on the chair and say, “Phew, finally got that monkey off my back!”) She’s as warm and encouraging as a Care Bear and as smart as the robot that built Einstein’s brain. Candy and I have formed a bond around being sensitive, creative, Mommy misfits. She not only holds me accountable to doing the business of writing, she also inspires me to be at ease in my own process as a writer...and as a person. 
So grateful to be riding beside her on my unicycle down the serpentine and pot-holed artists’ way… 

No comments:

Post a Comment